HLTAID003 Provide First Aid includes CPR
This course replaces the old Apply First aid and senior First Aid courses. The course will provide you with the basic understanding of how to apply immediate or emergency care of an injured or sick casualty, basic life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders or bystanders until more advanced medical help arrives.
1-day course over 5 hours. Participants will undertake training in 3 Units of Competency from the new HLT Health Training Package recorded on your Statement of Attainment issued the same day. For further details please visit: Course Guidelines
After successful completion of the course you will receive:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
* Also includes Defibrillation (AED), Asthma, EpiPen training.
**Please note it is a requirement of this course that all participants must undertake a practical demonstration of CPR on the floor on a manikin for 2 minutes.
First Aid Training Content
- Management of conscious or unconscious patients
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation on Adults and Babies
- External bleeding - trauma and shock
- Respiratory emergencies
- Cardiac emergencies
- Fractures, dislocations and soft tissue injuries
- Head neck and spinal injuries
- Seizures / convulsions
- Envenomation, poisoning bites and stings
- Heat Stroke
- Crush Injuries
- Monitor the condition of the victim
- Follow relevant procedures for recording first aid
- Detail the victims condition & the techniques applied
- Calling Emergency Services
Our course is flexible in delivery and we provide theory based reading booklet (Learner Guide) to be studied by participants prior to the practical session. We anticipate the pre - learning required may take 8 hours depending on the learning abilities of individual participants.
To ensure the integrity of our assessment process there is no online assessment completed, however written assessment and progressive assessments will take place during the practical sessions. Assessments cover all the required topics learnt throughout the day.
First Aid Certificate Issued
On the day after successful completion of the training course. All certificates are issued electronically via email. Hard copies can be purchased for a fee of $12 including postage.
This is subject to reading being completed prior to the training and the USI details to be provided to the RTO 40407: 24hours prior to the training being delivered for verification. If the USI details has not been forwarded to us in the due time, we cannot guarantee that your certificate will be issued on the day.